Adventure Touring sends our regards to our customers during these uncertain times. Our principal focus at this time is the health and wellbeing of our customers. The COVID-19 virus has brought many changes and unexpected challenges to all of us. Including, highly impacting the travel industry. (Included below is a list of updated CoronaVirus RV Rental cancellation policies).
With travel across the nation coming to a halt our reservations team is working hard to work through hundreds of cancellations. Adventure Touring and our rental partners are doing the best we can to meet the needs of our customers at this time. Due to the high volume of cancellations, processing, and sorting, individual cases are taking much longer than our normal, high standard of service we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your continued support and rest assured we are working hard to process every case. Trust that our reservations team will respond to each of you as soon as we can.
Please note many of our rental partners are still operating and that a 14-day campervan trip does meet the requirements of self-isolation.
With recent travel restrictions imposed by a number of countries, we wanted to share the revised cancellation policies of our rental partners and how they may impact your booking. Please be aware of the pre-emptive steps undertaken by our partners to continue to ensure that all RV’s are being both disinfected and fully sanitized.
We will continue to update as we receive new information. Suppliers are refining their Terms and Conditions on an ongoing basis as Governments amend policy on the movement of people. Please stay healthy and take care.
Government Information and Support for COVID-19
- United States Centre for Disease Control
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- United States Travel and Tourism
- Canada Travel Advisory
- US Government Response to COVID19
- US International Travel Advisories
CORONAVIRUS RV Cancellation Policies
APOLLO RV Rental COVID19 Update (Updated March 30)
With frequent changes being announced in the USA, our branches have a limited operation and physical presence. We are helping businesses to provide essential services for mobile self-isolation units and continue to offer support to any guests on the road. For more information and COVID-19 updates, visit the Apollo Website.
We strongly advise you to call our branches if you have an inquiry. Please do not turn up unannounced as we may not have a member ready to help you at that time.
If you have an upcoming booking in May, contact us at [email protected] to discuss rebooking or cancellation options.
If your booking is in the summer months of June-October and you have concerns about travel, you can contact our team to discuss options of cancellation and changes. Email us at [email protected] You will appreciate we are handling many guest queries and will prioritize those with the most imminent travel dates.
If you have booked through a travel agent or tour operator, please contact them directly.
We are currently experiencing an extremely high number of calls and emails regarding bookings and cancellations. Thank you for your continued support and patience while we work through these. We are prioritizing cancellations and changes by travel date and are working as quickly as we can.
Apollo’s commitment to you
Guest experience and safety has always been our number one priority. We consult with the World Health Organisation (WHO), the Centres for Disease Control (CDC)and other agencies to ensure we are aligned with the latest information to help us make the best decisions for our Guests and Cast. You can get the latest information at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html.
Keeping you updated
If you have an upcoming reservation, please make sure we have all your details by logging into Web Check-in so that we can stay in touch with you.
We appreciate that many people are having to self-isolate for many reasons such as:
- returning to the USA from a high-risk country
- reduce contact with your family/elderly parents who live with you
- You just want to get away from it all …
Why not take an Apollo RV and go wherever you wish? You can stay close to home and plugin on your drive or head off to explore the USA, there are plenty of places to escape the crowds.
Talk to our team today about how we can help you.
Apollo has several options for Guests to choose:
- Rebook to a future date in the 2020 season, where the value of their current booking will be credited for them to use on the new trip, subject to availability. Any special offers given at that time would also be carried over or if a new offer was better they would receive the better option. Any increase/decrease will be applied to the new booking. Where guests booked a relocation offer/special offer which is not available for their new selected dates, Apollo will credit the value of the booking to a new booking, and any additional charges will be applied to the new booking.
- Rebook to a future date in the 2021 season, where Apollo will reprice the new trip details based on the new prices for the 2021 season giving the new early booking offers for the new dates of travel. Change of location/units are also permitted in this rebooking process. Any increase in price will be charged to the guest.
- Rebook in a different Apollo destination: As a Global RV company, Apollo is also happy for Guests within this restricted period to move their booking to another Apollo destination in their own country where they can still travel (Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, UK & Ireland) for travel up to 31st March 2021. Apollo will carry over the value of their existing booking into the new booking at the current exchange rate, any increase in price would be charged to the guest.
- If Guests wish to cancel with no rebooking, Apollo will waive cancellation fees.
Guests traveling to the USA from countries with Government restrictions for pick up after 01 May 2020
- Apollo is happy to move the booking to a new date in 2020 or in 2021 as outlined on the previous page, points 1, 2, and 3.
- Apollo is happy to cancel the reservation for the standard cancellation fee of $100 + tax. However, if the guest subsequently rebooks before 31st October 2020, a future rental for travel in 2020 or 2021, Apollo is happy to credit the cancellation fee to the new booking.
Guests who are residents of Canada/USA
Where Guests live in the USA and are still able to travel or where they are due to travel to/from a country where there are currently no travel restrictions Apollo is maintaining our standard cancelation policy and rebooking options 1, 2 and 3 above also apply.
New North America bookings
Apollo does want new bookings to be made with confidence, any new bookings made up to 30th April 2020 for the travel period up to 31st October 2020, Apollo will offer flexibility on new reservations such that if the travel restrictions continue making their travel impossible Apollo will:
- Allow rebooking to another date up to 31st March 2022 (as per points 1,2 and 3 above)
- Or waive the cancellation fee with a full refund
JUCY RV Rentals COVID-19 Update
For information on Juicy RV Rentals and COVID-19, please visit: https://www.jucyusa.com/covid-19-update/
JUCY is dedicated to the safety and well-being of our customers, employees, and community. We are closely monitoring the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and guidance from our government as to how best to respond to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Our team is working tirelessly to ensure that our customers and partners continue to receive the high-level of JUCY customer care that we are renowned for – and to our team, we thank you for your resilience, patience, and professionalism during this unprecedented situation.
Further to the COVID-19 travel restrictions that have been put in place for travel into Australia and the USA, please be advised that effective immediately JUCY have updated their cancellation policy and the following will apply for all existing and new bookings:
- Standard cancellation fees will now apply to all cancellations including those due to pick up between now and 30th March 2020 if the booking is canceled.
- If the customer decides to defer travel, JUCY will offer flexibility to use the value of the booking towards a future booking up until 31st March 2021 and a credit will be held against the existing booking number until new dates are determined.
- For pickups between now and 30th April 2020, JUCY has also applied this option to offer greater flexibility, which includes offering a credit for future booking if the customer decides to cancel.
- If the customer decides to rebook with new dates, the value of the booking will be carried over and deducted from the new price, if the booking value of the new booking is lower than the credit, no refunds will be offered.
- For all the customers on hire now, there is no refund for unused days if they return early and one-way fee or/and unauthorized drop off fee will be applicable if they choose to return the vehicle to a JUCY location not originally booked.
- Standard cancellation policy applies to domestic clients, i.e. clients who have reservations in their respective countries.
BUDGET CAMPERS Update
With the ongoing uncertainty being experienced with the Covoid-19 (Coronavirus) Budget, Freedom and Tui Campers are giving the very highest priority to the health and safety for all of their customers and staff. With regard to that, they have made changes to our cancellation policy, which of course is subject to continued change as the global situation evolves.
Today, Monday 16th March 2020, bookings can be transferred to a future date, with completion by 20 December 2020. There will be no charge for these date changes, however, any rate increase will be applicable. We will hold and transfer the current value of the hire to a new booking; there will be no refund of any reduced days or if the daily rate is less than what is being paid now. The benefit is that you do not suffer any loss of deposit or booking fees and the exchange rate does not alter for this portion of your hire costs.
Alternatively, if you wish to cancel and be refunded, then standard cancellation fees will apply.
Once a booking has been confirmed and a deposit paid the booking is considered live and is subject to the cancellation policy. The deposit is forfeited if bookings are canceled 29 days and over of departure.
- 29 days and over deposit retained
- 20 – 29 days 20% of total reservation cost
- 10 – 19 days 40% of total reservation cost
- 1 – 9 days 75% of total reservation cost
- No Show 100% of total reservation cost
In all cases the minimum amount retained is the deposit.
CRUISE AMERICA & CANADA (Updated 24-Mar-20)
We continue to monitor the situation closely with regards to the travel ban and restrictions surrounding Covid-19 for International travelers affected traveling to the USA and Canada and have now updated our policy for reservations and cancellations to all Cruise America & Cruise Canada departures as follows:
- Cancellations: For all Cruise America and Cruise Canada departures (for International travelers affected) booked to depart through to May 31st, 2020, Cruise America and Cruise Canada shall waive ALL cancellation fees.
- Reservations Changes and Re-bookings (with 20% discount!): For all departures during this period (for International travelers affected) booked to depart through to May 31st, 2020, Cruise America & Cruise Canada will be happy to modify or change any bookings during this departure period to any other dates during the 2020 season. In the cases where clients are willing and able to rebook their trips, we will offer a 20% discount on daily flex rate and mileage from the current Cruise America & Cruise Canada offer at the time of rebooking.
Details of Re-booking offer with 20% discount:
- We do understand that due to European Travel regulations, some tour operators may have no choice but to cancel every booking during the official travel ban period (currently in effect through April 12th). In these cases, if the client cancels and then re-books, we will treat this the same as a change or modification and we will happily honor the 20% incentive mentioned above.
- If the affected booking is a one-way, a one-way approval will be necessary before the re-booking can be confirmed.
- Group bookings are not included in the above offer – please contact Cruise America / Cruise Canada reservations directly to discuss re-booking options for existing Groups.
- Example: Client A is scheduled to depart April 1st for a 20 day rental from LAX to LAX. Client A elects to change the reservation or cancels and re-books the reservation for departure June 15th for a 20 day rental from LAX to LAX. In this case, all terms of the new departure dates as per Cruise America’s (or Cruise Canada for Canadian rentals) current program (current published flex rates, current specials, etc.) shall apply, less 20% discount on all time and miles.
TRAVELLERS AUTOBARN RV (Updated 24-Mar-20)
This advice provides guidance for people wishing to defer travel, cancel bookings, return their vehicle early, those affected by Travel Restrictions, and mandatory 14-day self-isolation and serves to inform customers of what we are doing at Travellers Autobarn to protect our customers and our staff.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
Travellers Autobarn will remain open for business, we would also like you to know we have your back and have amended our cancellation policy to allow much support and comfort as we can during these difficult times. Our normal terms and conditions still apply, outside of these changes.
Rest assured that if you book now (up to June 30) and change your mind we will not be charging you a cancellation fee if you later change your mind or are prevented from travelling. All deposits and fees can be converted to credit vouchers for use at a later date. All credit vouchers can be used in all countries (AUSTRALIA, NZ & USA) without any date restrictions.
Travellers Autobarn has released the following links regarding their special terms and conditions regarding COVID-19.
Here at Adventure Touring we look forward to a brighter future and know that together we will all get through these challenging times. We will continue to make updates on the CoronaVirus RV cancellation policies. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please stay healthy and take care.
You may enjoy the following article: RVing in 2020