Places to Stay in Fort Lauderdale
- Oasis Hotel – 1200 Miami Road, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites – 1150 W State Road 84, Fort Lauderdale Florida.
- Crowne Plaza – 455 State Road 84, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Candlewood Suites – 1120 W State Road 84, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites – 1500 W Commercial Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott North – 6650 N Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn – 1180 Seabreeze Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- The Fortuna Hotel – 350 N Birch Road, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Casitas Coral Ridge – 2648 NE 32nd Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Galt Villas Inn – 3621 N Ocean Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale Florida.
- Courtyard by Marriott – 2440 W Cypress Creek Road, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Coral Reef Guesthouse – 2609 NE 13th Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Las Olas Guesthouse – 908 NE 15th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina – 2301 SE 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Royal Beach Palace – 3711 N Ocean Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Best Western – 4800 Powerline Road, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Ocean Beach Palace Hotel and Suites – 4041 N Ocean Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- The Hotel Deauville – 2916 N Ocean Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Hampton Inn – 250 N Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Ocean Beach Club Hotel – 4051 N Ocean Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Royal Palms Resort & Spa – 717 Breakers Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Fala Hotel – 3020 Seville Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- The Drift Hotel – 3005 Alhambra Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Sheraton Suites – 555 NW 62nd Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- La Casa Hotel – 2727 Terramar Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Rodeway Inn & Suites – 2440 W State Road 84, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Ramada by Wyndham – 2275 State Road 84 / Marina Mile Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites – 999 W Cypress Creek Road, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina – 1881 SE 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Comfort Inn & Suites – 3551 W Commercial Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Four Points by Sheraton – 1800 S Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Tropi Rock Resort – 2900 Belmar Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites – 30 S Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- North Beach Hotel – 3000 Terramar Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Sibi Beach Hotel – 2916 Bayshore Drive, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Places to Camp Around Fort Lauderdale
- Markham Park – Camp in a regional park brimming with fun activities such as fishing, hiking, and biking trails, tennis and volleyball courts, a swimming pool, a gun range, and boat launches. 16001 West State Road 84, Sunrise, Florida.
- T.Y. Park – This urban campground has every luxury you could imagine. Rent a boat at the marina, enjoy the concession stand, or splash in the waterpark. There are also on-site bicycle rentals, basketball and volleyball courts, and playgrounds. 3300 N Park Road, Hollywood, Florida.
- C.B. Smith Park – The campground features a waterpark with five slides accommodating all different ages. Other activities include batting cages, tennis courts, a driving range, a fishing lake, and a playground. The park hosts an annual chili cook-off in January. 900 N Flamingo Road, Pembroke Pines, Florida.
- Paradise Island RV Resort – Located only four minutes from the beach and filled with activities for the whole family such as billiards tables and outdoor games. 2121 NW 29th Court, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Easterlin Park – This urban wilderness area is the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. You will have plenty of privacy in the heavily wooded campground and can enjoy the nature trail winding through the forest. 1000 NW 8th Street, Oakland Park, Florida.
- Everglades Holiday Park – The perfect location if you plan on exploring the everglades while in Fort Lauderdale. Consider attending a live alligator show, launching your boat for a day of fishing, or taking a ride on an airboat. 21940 Griffin Road, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Places to Camp Around Florida
- Juniper Springs Recreation Area – This bubbling oasis is full of springs and hiking trails. Canoe and kayak rentals are available. 26701 FL-40, Silver Springs, Florida.
- Lake Kissimmee State Park – Large shady campsites, miles of trails to enjoy, plenty of wildlife, a tall observation tower, and a lake with a boat launch are just a few highlights of this state park. 14248 Camp Mack Rd, Lake Wales, Florida.
- St. George Island State Park – A beautiful island with white sand beaches and marshland. You will also find nice trails to explore and great fishing. 1900 E Gulf Beach Dr, St George Island, Florida.
- Fort Pickens Campground – Relax on pristine white sand beaches great for swimming or fishing. Keep your eyes on the water and you might spot a pod of dolphins. 1463 Fort Pickens Rd, Pensacola Beach, Florida.
- Boyd’s Key West Campground – Enjoy the view from your oceanfront campsite or relax in the heated pool. 6401 Maloney Avenue, Key West, Florida.
- Long Pine Key Campground – Quiet and peaceful sites with access to hiking and biking trails and a pond for fishing. A great location for accessing the Everglades and the Keys. 40001 State Road 9336 Homestead, Florida.
- Turtle Beach Campground – A beautiful campground directly on the beach. There are restaurants nearby and a free shuttle that will take you into town. 8862 Midnight Pass Rd, Sarasota, Florida.
- St Johns River Campground Inc – Just minutes away from boating, shopping, dining, the ocean, and a world-renowned bass fishing river. 1520 FL-40, Astor, Florida.
- Naples / Marco Island KOA Holiday – This campground is in the perfect location for your Naples vacation. Rent a bicycle to explore, enjoy the pool and hot tub, or rent a canoe and paddle straight into the Gulf of Mexico. 1700 Barefoot Williams Rd, Naples, Florida.
- North Beach Camp Resort – This campground is set between the ocean and the river. The spacious, private sites surrounded by a palm canopy will make you feel like you are there alone. Enjoy the nearby restaurants on those days that you don’t feel like cooking. 4125 Coastal Hwy, St Augustine, Florida.
- Okeechobee KOA Resort – The highlight of this campground is the 9-hole golf course, driving range, and putting green. Nearby is Florida’s largest freshwater lake where you can enjoy boating or fishing. 4276 US Highway 441 South, Okeechobee, Florida.
- St. Petersburg / Madeira Beach KOA Holiday – This campground is bordered by white beaches, hiking trails, and mangroves. Kayak rentals and classes like yoga, quilting, and water aerobics are offered here. 5400 95th St N, St. Petersburg, Florida.
Fort Lauderdale Area Airport
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport – 100 Terminal Drive, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
We have two RV rental locations in the Ft. Lauderdale area to help us serve you better. Our Lauderhill Florida location even has transfers to help you get to and from our location. Just arrive the night before your flight and stay at one of the airport hotels on our list. Our shuttle will pick you up from your hotel the next morning and take you to our location. We are 31 miles from the Miami (MIA) airport and only 11 miles from the Ft Lauderdale (FLL) airport. What could be easier?
Our Pompano location does not have a hotel pickup but they do have some of the nicest Rental RV’s you have seen. Try renting one of our large 35-45‘ Class A motorhomes. Our Pompano RV rental location is 38 miles from the Miami airport and 16 miles from the Ft Lauderdale airport.
Places to Rent an RV in Fort Lauderdale
- Cruise America RV Rentals – 2490 SW 32nd St, Dania Fort Lauderdale Florida
Places to Eat in Fort Lauderdale
- The Floridian – An extensive menu of American comfort food and diner classics such as omelets, grits and biscuits, chocolate chip pancakes, french toast, steak, shrimp, and chicken wings to name a few. 1410 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Brown Dog Eatery – This creative comfort food menu features items like bacon-wrapped meatloaf and daily hot pockets. 2701 E Oakland Park Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- JB&C Juice Bar & Cafe – Start your day on the right foot with a fresh juice, smoothie, acai bowl, panini, or gourmet avocado toast. 924 N Flagler Dr, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Casablanca Cafe – This upscale restaurant is in a restored home from the 1920s. Enjoy the views over Ft. Lauderdale beach while you taste some American and Mediterranean specialties. 3049 Alhambra St, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Terra Mare – An upscale Italian restaurant with a focus on fresh and local, sourced from the land and sea. 551 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Noor Bakery & Deli – A Lebanese bakery serving handmade savory pies and wraps using traditional ingredients like zaatar, labneh, shawarma, sujuk sausage, and akawi cheese. 4691 Ravenswood Rd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- El Vez Fort Lauderdale – A Mexican restaurant overlooking Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Enjoy your shrimp tacos and guacamole sitting under a massive mural of Frida Kahlo. 401 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- The Wilder – Be sure to catch happy hour at this cocktail lounge on the cozy outdoor patio. Choose from over twenty crafted cocktails and small bites like rib poutine and sliders. 701 E Broward Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Casa Sensei – Contemporary Pan-Asian comfort food such as pad thai, curries, dim sum, creative rolls, Korean BBQ, and L.A. street tacos. Opt to take your meal with you on a gondola ride down the Himmarshee Canal. 1200 E Las Olas Blvd #101, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Temple Street Eatery – Casual Asian-American comfort food. The wonton tacos and edamame falafels are sure to impress. 416 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Green Bar & Kitchen – Crab cakes, buffalo sandwiches, creamy mac and cheese, and amazing burgers all made completely plant-based. Enjoy a fresh-pressed juice with your guilt-free meal at this sustainably-minded restaurant. 1075 SE 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- 925 Nuevo’s Cubano’s – An open-air, walk-up restaurant serving home-style Cuban cooking. The burgers, wraps, sandwiches, tacos, and platters all have ingredients sourced from local farmers’ markets. 925 North Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Colada – Sip on a cup of fresh Cuban coffee while enjoying empanadas, pastries, breakfast sandwiches, eggs benedicts, and bottomless mimosas and sangria at this Cuban coffee house and eatery. 525 N Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Shuck ‘N Dive – A cajun style sports bar serving certified Louisiana oysters and crawfish. 650 North Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Coconuts – Whether you drive up or raft up your boat at the dock you will enjoy this waterfront location serving everything from a coconut shrimp platter and lobster rolls to jambalaya and mac and cheese. 429 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Where to Pick up the Essentials in Fort Lauderdale
- Kikos Supermarket – A kosher supermarket with a large selection of prepared foods and middle eastern goods. 7818 NW 44th Street, Sunrise, Florida.
- The Fresh Market – Have a pleasurable shopping experience enjoying samples around every corner. There are plenty of gourmet options and a large fish counter. 424 N Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Trader Joe’s – You will always find some interesting and unique ingredients as well as local and international items at a great price. 1560 N Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Publix – A grocery with ready-made subs and party platters, personal care, and houseware sections. 2501 E Sunrise Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Aldi – A small grocery store with fewer choices but amazing savings. Remember to bring your own bags here. 1707 E Commercial Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- At The Market – A well-priced market offering convenience items such as coffee, bagels, sandwiches, paninis, snacks, and drinks. 608 Breakers Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Sea Salt Fish Market – Quality seafood and knowledgeable staff. Fish and chips, soups, sandwiches, and salads are available for take-out if you get hungry while you’re shopping. 3020 N Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Whole Foods Market – Eco-minded grocery store including a bakery, pet supplies, and bath and body departments offering natural and organic options. 2000 N Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Lucky’s Market – Shop all of the large selection of specialty items and organic options while enjoying a glass of wine or a cold beer. Pizza, subs, and a ramen bar are available for take-out. 1033 E Oakland Park Boulevard, Oakland Park, Florida.
- SASAYA Japanese Market – This hidden gem is a great place to pick up Asian groceries and fresh sushi. 1956 E Sunrise Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Vegan Fine Foods – A grocery store full of ready-made items such as breakfast burritos, mac and cheese, and baked goods. 330 SW 2nd Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Deniz Halal Meat & Grocery – Halal meats as well as middle eastern goods and spices. 958 NE 62nd Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Jen Sha – An authentic Filipino grocery with freshly baked breads. 5310 N State Road 7, Ste J, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Things to Do in Fort Lauderdale
- Bonnet House Museum and Gardens – A 1920’s plantation-style estate turned into a period museum that is filled with a collection of art and treasures. 900 North Birch Road Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Jungle Queen Riverboats – Take a sightseeing cruise up the New River. These famous cruises have been running since 1935 and offer tours including dinner and a show. 801 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Seminole Indian Museum – The exhibits and collections hold thousands of artifacts that cover 300 years of history and living culture. 34725 West Boundary Road Clewiston, Florida.
- NSU Art Museum – This museum aims to showcase the art scene in South Florida. You will also see pieces from many Cuban artists. 1 E Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Park – Volleyball and basketball courts, a playground, picnic areas, and a walkway along the beach. 1100 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Las Olas Beach – Visitors can lounge on beach chairs and have access to water sport equipment rentals. 240 Las Olas Circle, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Fort Lauderdale Antique Car Museum – Vintage cars that date from the 1900s as well as Packard cars and other memorabilia. Guided tours are available. 1527 SW 1st Avenue Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Naval Air Station Fort Lauderdale Museum – Learn about the Second World War and the history of the veterans. This was also the base where future US President George H. W. Bush trained. 4000 W Perimeter Rd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Las Olas Gondola Tours – Relax and ‘experience the Venice of America’ as you move through the beautiful canals. Sunset tours are available. Las Olas River House- 333 Las Olas Way, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Las Olas Boulevard – A great place to window shop, grab a bite to eat, visit some of the ten international art galleries, and enjoy the Floridian atmosphere. Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Segway Fort Lauderdale – Different segway tour options include Yacht & Mansion Tours, Night Tours, Eco/Nature Tours, Historical Tours, and more. 219 SW Second Ave, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Things to do with Kids in Fort Lauderdale
- Museum of Discovery and Science – Interactive activities and exhibits covering everything from airplanes to sea creatures. 401 SW 2nd St, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Young at Art Children’s Museum – An educational and interactive museum for kids ages 2-12. There are options for water play, video and stencil drawing, puppet making, drumming, mazes, quiet zones, and so much more. 751 SW 121st Ave, Davie, Florida.
- Butterfly World – Walkthrough six aviaries filled with thousands of different butterflies, exotic birds, and beautiful flowering plants. 3600 West Sample Road, Tradewinds Park – South, Coconut Creek, Florida.
- Flamingo Gardens – Walk around on your own or take a guided tour by train through a sanctuary, aviary, and botanical garden set on 60-acres. 3750 S Flamingo Rd, Davie, Florida.
- Everglades Holiday Park – Take an airboat rides through the everglades for photograph and sightseeing opportunities of colorful birds and of course, alligators. 21940 Griffin Rd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Buehler Planetarium & Observatory – View the night sky when the telescopes are set up outside, watch a documentary, or listen to a lecture accompanied by the sky projection inside the planetarium dome. 3501 Davie Rd, Davie, Florida.
- Bluefoot Pirate Adventures – Take your kids on an interactive pirates cruise where they will start with face painting before they find a message in a bottle that will lead them on a treasure hunt! 801 Seabreeze Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Xtreme Action Park – Florida’s longest and fastest indoor go-kart track. 5300 South Powerline Road, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Off The Wall Trampoline Fun Center – Trampoline dodgeball, basketball, laser tag, and an arcade! 4939 Coconut Creek Parkway, Coconut Creek, Florida.
- Planet Air Sports – Bounce off the walls on trampolines, complete the high ropes course, cruise on a zipline, make it to the top of a climbing wall, or brave the Leap of Faith challenges. 1401 Green Road, Pompano Beach, Florida.
- Hugh Taylor Birch State Park – This tropical paradise is full of family activities. Enjoy the walking trails, have a picnic, rent a canoe, try fishing from the seawall, climb on the playground, take a ranger-guided walk, or see a live animal presentation. 3109 East Sunrise Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Fort Lauderdale Fire and Safety Museum – A museum filled with antique fire engines and equipment dating back to the 1920s as well as a hands-on children’s area. 1022 West Las Olas Boulevard, at S. W. 11th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Places to Shop in Fort Lauderdale
- Las Olas Boulevard – Stroll the boulevard lined with green trees and twinkling lights and explore the different shops, art galleries, museums, and dining options. Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Harbor Shops Mall – An outdoor mall where the Sun Trolley stops and there is a selection of nice restaurants. 1900 Cordova Rd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Riverwalk – Open-aired shopping and dining along the city’s historic sector. Browse beautiful boutiques and eateries while enjoying the river views. 400 SW 2nd Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Downtown Hollywood – A classic experience famed for its holiday shopping. Browse the endless options along the tree-lined street, ducking into cafes, boutiques, and antique shops. Hollywood Boulevard & Federal Highway, Hollywood, Florida.
- Pompano Citi Centre – An open-aired mall featuring department stores, dining options, and boutiques. 1955 N Federal Highway, Pompano Beach, Florida.
- Sawgrass Mills – The huge shopping center boasts more than 350 stores. You will find everything from bargain shops to designer brands. Once you’re done shopping there is an IMAX and nearby restaurants to enjoy. 12801 W Sunrise Boulevard, Sunrise, Florida.
- The Galleria – Valet parking will take care of your vehicle while you spend the afternoon at this upscale two-story shopping center. 2414 E Sunrise Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Dania Antique Row – Antique lovers could spend the whole day here browsing the row from the large antique malls to the small shops for all the best finds. 48 S Federal Highway, Dania Beach, Florida.
- Swap Shop – The South’s largest flea market filled with more than 2000 vendors and a drive-in movie theatre. 3291 W Sunrise Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Annual Events in Fort Lauderdale
- Las Olas Art Fair – A free admission festival that features fine art from across all different mediums. This festival allows for the opportunity to meet and talk to the local and international artists about their work. This festival takes place in January at 620 E Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Tortuga Music Festival – Held on the beautiful oceanside setting of Fort Lauderdale Beach Park, with three stages of rock and roots music, taking place over 3 days. The festival works with the Rock The Ocean Foundation to help increase awareness about the issues impacting our oceans and to support scientific research, education, and ocean conservation initiatives. 1100 Seabreeze Blvd. Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
- The Stonewall Pride Parade & Street Festival – Come out to watch a parade of colorful floats and groups strut down Wilton Drive. The festival will include many stages with live entertainment, beer gardens, and a marketplace full of vendors, exhibits, and food trucks. Downtown Wilton Manors- 2435 N Dixie Hwy, Wilton Manors, Florida.
- 4th of July Spectacular – A family-friendly Independence Day event taking place on Fort Lauderdale Beach. There will be a kids zone with face painting and a bounce house, live music, beach games, and an amazing fireworks display over the ocean. A1A and Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- International Boat Show in Fort Lauderdale – At this event “the yachting capital of the world” will showcase must-see new yachts, yacht builders and designers, and brokerage yachts. The show is held in multiple different marinas and convention centers and takes place from late October to early November.
- Wilton Manors Halloween Experience – The Wilton Manors neighborhood of Fort Lauderdale is the best place to go for your Halloween spooks. The Wicked Manors street festival will feature local food vendors, multiple stages, and events such as drag shows and costume contests. October 31 from 6 pm-11 pm hosted by The Pride Centre of Fort Lauderdale.
- Fort Lauderdale Orchid Show – Explore beautiful vendors and orchid exhibits, potting and growing supplies, international vendors, and enter the raffle. The show takes place at the end of January at the War Memorial Auditorium – 2867-800 NE 8th Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Fort Lauderdale A1A Marathon – Come out and race or cheer on the competitors as they run through unparalleled ocean views. The marathon takes place in February. Startline location: 401 SW 2nd Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Sistrunk Parade and Festival – The festival’s mission statement is “to celebrate the historical and cultural richness, and the contributions of people of African descent and their impact on the global community.” The parade route begins at Lincoln Park, located on NW 19th Avenue and ends on NW 9th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale Florida in February. After the parade, the street is turned into a festival.
- Florida Renaissance Festival – Travel back in time to the 16th century and explore artisans selling their wares, live entertainers, food, and drink. Themed weekends happen in February and March and include Viking invasion, time travelers, and swashbucklers & sirens. 401 S Powerline Road, Quiet Waters Park, Deerfield Beach Florida.
- Delray Affair – The largest arts and crafts festival in the SE United States. Artists from all over the world will exhibit their crafts along with live music and food vendors. This festival takes place in April at Atlantic Avenue, Delray Beach, Florida.
- Sunfest – A beautiful three-day long waterfront festival featuring fifty artists across three stages. There is also an art and craft show and food vendors. This festival takes place in May along the Intracoastal Waterway in downtown West Palm Beach, Florida.
- Lauderdale Air Show – Grab a spot on the beach and enjoy a performance from The Thunderbirds, U.S. Navy Blue Angels, and/or other military groups. The show takes place in May at the Fort Lauderdale Beach, Florida.
- Unifest Caribbean Celebration – A multicultural event designed to unify people and showcase their diversity with live performances, empowerment workshops, prizes, and amazing food. This festival is held in May at various locations in Lauderdale Lakes.
- Hollywood Beach Latin Festival – A free event with many different live Latin performers, Latin food, arts and crafts, and kids’ activities. This festival is held in September at Hollywood Beach. 100 Johnson Street, Hollywood, Florida.
- Delray Beach Christmas – Christmas in Delray Beach starts with the lighting of a 100 ft Christmas tree at sundown, an annual tradition since 1992. Throughout the month of December, you can experience the first candle lighting on the Menorah, ride an old fashioned carousel, and tour inside the 100ft Christmas tree where there are displays representing historic buildings in Delray Beach. Delray Beach, Florida.
- Flavors of Fort Lauderdale – Four days celebrating the culinary lifestyle of South Florida. This event will feature local and regional restaurants and chefs, world-class wine, and gourmet specialty foods.
- Pompano Beach Seafood Festival – Music, food, and fun. This non-profit event supports many local community groups.
- Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show – Exhibits include yacht builders and designers, exotic cars and brokerage yachts. There will be lots of boats, including runabouts, sport fishers, high-performance boats, cabin cruisers, skiffs, sailing yachts, ski boats, and more.
- Ft Lauderdale International Film Festival – Entertaining features, documentaries, and shorts from around the world.
What to Expect Weather Wise in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale has a dry, hot, and sunny climate. The wet season lasts from May to October when they get most of the 62.4 inches average of annual rainfall. During the wet season it is hot and humid with highs of 86–90 °F (30–32 °C) and lows of 71–76 °F (22–24 °C). The dry season runs from November to April when there will typically be average high temperatures of 75–80 °F (24–27 °C) and lows of 57–64 °F (14–18 °C). Hurricanes are most likely to affect the state in September and October.
Places to Leave your Pet in Fort Lauderdale
- Lauderdale Pet Lodge – Spacious dog and cat lodging with webcams, climate control, outside play areas, and dog pools. 2604 S Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Furry Paws – A luxury dog resort for doggy daycare, boarding, and baths. There are separate parks for big and small dogs as well as a pool. 1241 W Sunrise Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Country Inn Pet Resort – Your furry friends couldn’t be in better hands. This center is run by a veterinarian and offers dog boarding, daycare, animal hospital, and a Cesar Millan Dog Psychology Center. 2100 S Flamingo Road, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Central Bark – A pick-up and drop-off service are offered for boarding, doggy daycare, grooming, training, and dog parties! 3699 N Dixie Highway, Oakland Park, Florida.
- Arfingon Pet Resort – Cats will enjoy spacious three leveled suits with a virtual aquarium to watch. Dogs will have so much fun swimming and socializing at boarding, or daycare. Dog training is also available. 3910 NW 49th Street, Tamarac, Florida.
- Barker’s Pet Center – Dogs can play in the indoor gym or in the big backyard with a pool if they are boarding or in daycare. Grooming options and many training classes are also offered. 761 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Holly Acres Pet Resort – This boutique hotel specializes in dog daycare and boarding in order to focus on a fun, safe, and comfortable experience at a fair price. Cats are boarded individually and spaciously with jungle gyms, sunlight, and room to roam. 10701 Stirling Road, Davie, Florida.
- Pompano Pet Lodge – Spacious indoor and outdoor play areas equipped with webcams and a pool. 900 NW 31st Avenue, Pompano Beach, Florida.
Places to Rent a Bicycle in Fort Lauderdale
- South Beach Cycle – A large selection of electric bicycles. 3322 E Atlantic Boulevard, Pompano Beach, Florida.
- Trek Bicycle Store – Carbon road bikes, comfort bikes, and car racks are available here. 1621 E Sunrise Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Riverwalk Activities – Rent a beach cruiser that will be perfect for your self-guided biking tour around the city. Kayak and SUP rentals are also available here. 220 SW Third Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Family Rentals – Mountain bikes, beach cruisers, adult trikes, tandem, and kids bikes are all available for you to enjoy South Florida’s miles of scenic routes and coastlines. Reserve a bike online. Deliveries made anywhere in South Florida. 954.772.2288.
- Lauderdale Cyclery – Carbon and aluminum road bikes, comfort, hybrid, and cruisers are available for 24 hour, weekend, or 7-day rentals. 5429 North Federal Highway Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Beach Ventures Gocycle E-Bike Rental & Tours – Tour the city and learn about Fort Lauderdale’s history. 17 S Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Downtown Bicycles – Cruisers, comfort hybrids, carbon and aluminum road bikes, fitness, electric, and triathlon bikes are all available here. 2571 E Sunrise Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- The Bike Shack – A fleet of beach cruisers are available for you to cruise down the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk in the sunshine. 101 N Ocean Drive Ste 135, Hollywood, Florida.
- Pedrito’s Bike Shop – Bicycle rentals and repair for fair prices and with friendly service. 238 Commercial Boulevard, Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida.
- M Cruz Rentals – A father/son business that not only rents bicycles, but also kayaks, SUP’s, jet skis, and rollerblades! There is a full concession stand so don’t forget to grab an ice cream cone before you head to the beach! 3109 E Sunrise Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Did you know that Ft Lauderdale is sometimes known as the “Venice of America” because of its expansive and intricate canal system? There are over 165 miles of canals and over 100 marinas. Visit the local Ft Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce to find out more about Fort Lauderdale.
RV Depots in Fort Lauderdale
Cruise America – Ft LauderdaleCruise America 2490 SW 32nd St, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Rent an RV
RVs in Fort Lauderdale
Cruise – Compact RV 19 ftRV Model Cruise C19
- Stereo system
- Cruise Control
- Automatic Transmission
- Roof Air Conditioning
Cruise – Class C 25′RV Model Cruise C25
- Cruise Control
- Microwave Oven
- Automatic Transmission
- CD Player
Cruise – Class C 30′RV Model Cruise C30
- Cruise Control
- Microwave Oven
- Automatic Transmission
- Dash Air Conditioning
- Roof Air Conditioning
Cruise – T17 Truck & CamperRV Model Cruise T17
- Cruise Control
- Microwave Oven
- Automatic Transmission
- Roof Air Conditioning
- CD Player