Places to Stay in Dallas
- Warwick Melrose – 3015 Oak Lawn Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Love Field – 8300 John W. Carpenter Fwy, Dallas, Texas.
- The Westin Galleria Dallas – 13340 Dallas Pkwy, Dallas, Texas.
- Wyndham Dallas Suites – Park Central – 7800 Alpha Rd, Dallas, Texas.
- Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown – 1933 Main St, Dallas, Texas.
- Alla’s Historical Bed and Breakfast, Spa and Cabana – 415 Hustead St, Duncanville, Texas.
- The Sanford House Inn & Spa – 506 N Center St, Arlington, Texas.
- Daisy Polk Inn – 2917 Reagan St, Dallas, Texas.
- The Texas White House Bed & Breakfast – 1417 8th Ave, Fort Worth, Texas.
- Love Field Guest House – 8519 Midway Rd, Dallas, Texas.
- Azalea Plantation Bed & Breakfast – 1400 Robinwood Dr, Fort Worth, Texas.
- Hunnicut Farms Bed & Breakfast – 6532 Hunnicut Rd, Dallas, Texas.
- Chaska House Bed & Breakfast – 716 W Main St, Waxahachie, Texas.
- Best Western Market Center – 2023 Market Center Blvd, Dallas, Texas.
- Candlewood Suites Dallas-By The Galleria – 13939 Noel Rd, Dallas, Texas.
- Courtyard Dallas LBJ at Josey – 2930 Forest Ln, Dallas, Texas.
- Red Roof Inn Dallas – Richardson – 13685 N Central Expy, Dallas, Texas.
- Days Inn & Suites Dallas – 2334 W Northwest Hwy, Dallas, Texas.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas/Love Field Airport – 7900 Brookriver Dr, Dallas, Texas.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas – Addison Galleria – 14925 Landmark Blvd, Addison, Texas.
- Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Medical/Market Center – 2150 Market Center Blvd, Dallas, Texas.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Dallas-Love Field – 2383 Stemmons Trail, Dallas, Texas.
- Extended Stay America – 9019 Vantage Point Dr, Dallas, Texas.
- The Lumen – 6101 Hillcrest Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- NYLO Dallas South Side – 1325 S Lamar St, Dallas, Texas.
- Magnolia Hotel Dallas Park Cities – 6070 N Central Expy, Dallas, Texas.
- The Joule Hotel – 1530 Main St, Dallas, Texas.
Places to Camp Around Dallas
- Cedar Hill State Park – This campground has wooded campsites and a quality restaurant. This is also a great location for fishing, bird-watching, hiking, mountain biking, swimming, and boating. 1570 FM1382, Cedar Hill, Texas.
- Dallas / Arlington KOA Holiday – This campsite is in a great location relative to the Ballpark, Dallas Cowboys Stadium, Six Flags amusement park, and Hurricane Harbour. 2715 S Cooper St, Arlington, Texas.
- Dallas Northeast Campground – This campground has a catch and release fishing pond, swimming pool, playground, and campsites large enough to easily accommodate large RV’s. 4268 FM 36, Caddo Mills, Texas.
- Murrell Park – There are beautiful campsites right on Grapevine Lake, fishing, boat launches, swimming beaches, and hiking and biking trails. 880 Simmons Rd, Flower Mound, Texas.
- Willow Grove Park – This park has hiking and biking trails, and a lake for swimming and fishing. 800 E Hundley Dr, Lake Dallas, Texas.
- Hickory Creek Park – This campground has spacious campsites, beautiful facilities, and lake access. 1801 N Mill St, Lewisville, Texas.
- Loyd Park – At this campground, you can enjoy the beautiful green scenery, roomy campsites, and lake access. The park has canoe/kayak rentals, a boat ramp, a volleyball court, and hiking/biking trails. Grand Prairie, Texas.
- The Vineyards Campground & Cabins – This relaxing location has campsites that overlook the water and marina and is within walking distance of many wine tasting rooms. 1501 N Dooley St, Grapevine, Texas.
Places to Camp Around Texas
- Inks Lake State Park – This campground is set in a hilly landscape beside Inks Lake. The campground has boat rentals, trails, and access to a 9-hole golf course. 3630 Park Rd 4 W, Burnet, Texas.
- Palo Duro Canyon – This park has beautiful scenery of the canyon system, lots of hiking/biking/horseback riding options, wildlife, and a well-maintained campground. 11450 State Hwy Park Rd 5, Canyon, Texas.
- Colorado Bend State Park – This beautiful park features a campground, 60 ft waterfall, caves, hiking, and fishing. 2236 Park Hill Dr, Bend, Texas.
- Padre Island National Seashore – This is a 70 mile long preserved barrier island with camping and different educational programs for the guests- for example, a baby sea turtle release. 20420 Park Rd 22, Corpus Christi, Texas.
- Davis Mountains State Park – This park and campground is set in the beautiful mountains that are filled with hiking/biking trails. There is also a lodge with a pool and a place to eat. TX-118, Fort Davis, Texas.
- Caprock Canyons State Park and Trailway – This campground is set amid scenic red canyons and grasslands. There are hiking, biking, and horseback riding trails, and a herd of buffalo. 850 Caprock Canyon Park Road, Quitaque, Texas.
- Ray Roberts Lake State Park – This wooded park and campground has hiking and equestrian trails around the lake as well as a marina and restaurant. 100 P W 4137, Pilot Point, Texas.
- Hueco Tanks State Historic Site – This park and campground is filled with beautiful natural rock formations. There are tons of hiking trails and world-class rock climbing. 6900 Hueco Tanks Road No. 1, El Paso, Texas.
- Lake Bob Sandlin State Park – Many of these campsites back up to the water. There is abundant wildlife in this lakeside forest, as well as fishing, and hiking and biking trails. 341 State Park Road 2117, Pittsburg, Texas.
- McKinney Falls State Park – This park features spacious campsites, waterfalls, hiking and biking trails, fishing, and a 500-year-old cypress tree. 5808 McKinney Falls Pkwy, Austin, Texas.
- Palmetto State Park – This is a forested campground with a river running through and a small lake for swimming, and canoe rentals. 78 Park Rd 11 S, Gonzales, Texas.
- Lost Maples State Natural Area – This park is filled with beautiful limestone canyons, hills, and plateaus. There are streams to splash in and extensive hiking trails for all levels. 37221 FM 187, Vanderpool, Texas.
- Enchanted Rock State Natural Area – This park is highlighted by huge pink granite cliffs and an amazing hike to the summit. There are also possibilities for rock climbing. The campground is very family-friendly. 16710 Ranch Road 965, Fredericksburg, Texas.
- Pedernales Falls State Park – This park has a very clean campground, hiking/biking/horseback riding trails, beautiful views, and a river to swim in. 2585 Park Rd 6026, Johnson City, Texas.
- Mustang Island State Park – This park features miles of clean, sandy beaches and oceanfront campsites. 17047 State Highway 361, Port Aransas, Texas.
Places to Fly in and out of in Dallas Texas
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) – located 23 miles northwest of Dallas City center. 2400 Aviation Dr, DFW Airport, Texas.
- Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL) – located 6 miles northwest of downtown Dallas. 8008 Herb Kelleher Way, Dallas, Texas.
- Dallas Executive Airport (RBD) – located 6 miles southwest of downtown Dallas in Dallas County. 5303 Challenger Dr, Dallas, Texas.
Places to Rent an RV in Dallas
- El Monte RV Rentals – great RV rentals with great International rates available. 3500 S Central Expressway McKinney, Dallas Texas.
Places to Eat in Dallas
Did you know Dallas has more restaurants per capita than New York City? Here are some of our favorites.
- House of Blues – This blues-themed restaurant serves southern fare such as jambalaya and features live music. 2200 N Lamar St, Dallas, Texas.
- Benedict’s Restaurant – This kid-friendly brunch restaurant is the best reason to get up in the morning. A few delicious menu items include omelets, pancakes, and of course, many different types of eggs benedict. 4800 Belt Line Rd, Dallas, Texas.
- Jonathon’s Oak Cliff – A small homey restaurant serving an all-day menu and an amazing weekend brunch with menu items like chicken and waffles with gravy, breakfast tacos, and eggs benedict. 1111 N Beckley Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- Rodeo Goat – This casual restaurant features an extensive burger menu and a local craft beer list. 1926 Market Center Blvd, Dallas, Texas.
- Meso Maya Comida Y Copas – This modern Mexican restaurant is inspired by central Mexico and even offers a very popular brunch. 1227, 1611 McKinney Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- Twisted Root Burger Co. – This quirky burger joint offers beef, turkey, and vegan options. 2615 Commerce St, Dallas, Texas.
- Texas Spice – A farm to table restaurant serving locally inspired dishes in a stylish setting. 555 S Lamar St, Dallas, Texas.
- Be Raw – This restaurant offers a full menu of raw foods, crafts smoothies, and gluten-free desserts that are all delicious, healthy, and organic. 6005 Berkshire Ln, Dallas, Texas.
- Mot Hai Ba – This restaurant serves Northern Vietnamese food such as Pho, a creative cocktail list, and a Sunday brunch. Mot Hai Ba has won best Vietnamese restaurant in Dallas. 6047 Lewis St, Dallas, Texas.
- Y.O. Ranch Steakhouse – This western styled restaurant also features a wild game menu. 702 Ross Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- Cosmic Cafe – Stepping into the cosmic cafe feels like stepping right into Indian. They serve vegetarian food and smoothies and host on-site yoga classes. 2912 Oak Lawn Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- Lockhart Smokehouse BBQ – Local beers and smoked meats are served at this barbeque joint. 400 W Davis St, Dallas, Texas.
- The Rustic – Enjoy live music on an outdoor patio at this down-home style restaurant. The menu features items like steak, cedar plank fish, and texas quail. 3656 Howell St, Dallas, Texas.
- V-Eats Modern Vegan – This restaurants vegan take on traditional southern cuisine allows you to still enjoy some classic southern meals such as a brisket burger or tacos. 3011 Gulden Ln #102, Dallas, Texas.
- Keller’s Drive-In – This old school drive-in serves everything from burgers, to onion rings, to milkshakes, served in your car. You can check out the car show while you’re enjoying your meal. 6537 E NW Hwy, Dallas, Texas.
Where to Pick up the Essentials in Dallas
- Trader Joe’s – This tiki-themed chain grocery store carries items from their own signature brand as well as produce and dairy all for a great value. 2001 Greenville Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- Sprouts Farmers Market – This market specializes in natural and organic grocery items. 1800 N Henderson Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- Whole Foods Market – This chain grocery store aims to be environmentally friendly and offers foods with no artificial preservatives, colors, flavors, sweeteners, or hydrogenated fats, as well as houseware items. 8190 Park Ln Ste 351, Dallas, Texas.
- Royal Blue Grocery – This compact neighborhood market also has a cafe serving lunch, dinner, dessert, and coffee. 1 Highland Park Village, Dallas, Texas.
- Jimmy’s Food Store – This is an Italian grocery selling specialty items such as deli sandwiches, homemade sauces, cheeses, meats, pasta, and baked goods. 4901 Bryan St, Dallas, Texas.
- Central Market – This market has an in house cafe as well as many specialty items such as cheeses, meats, seafood, baked goods, and produce. 5750 E Lovers Ln, Dallas, Texas.
- Eatzi’s Market & Bakery – This is a European market offering specialty items such as prepared meals, bread, pastries, cheeses, and wines. 3403 Oak Lawn Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- El Rio Grande #1 – This is the best place to find Latin American flavor and produce you can’t find in more conventional stores. 5308 Maple Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- Cox Farms Market – This market specializes in natural and organic foods. 778 Fort Worth Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- Tom Thumb – This grocery store offers fresh produce, an assortment of baked items, and a delivery service. 315 S Hampton Rd, Dallas, Texas.
- Kroger – This large chain supermarket has a large variety of produce, a deli, a bakery, and a health and beauty section. 5665 E Mockingbird Ln, Dallas, Texas.
- Fiesta Mart – This is a large chain featuring Latin foods that also has housewares and clothing. 611 W Jefferson Blvd, Dallas, Texas.
Things to Do in Dallas
- Dallas Museum of Art – This art museum has four floors of free exhibits. There are a wide variety of exhibits. 1717 N Harwood St, Dallas, Texas.
- Reunion Tower – This observation tower has 360 views of the city. The tower also has light shows, restaurants, and gift shops. 300 Reunion Blvd E, Dallas, Texas.
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden – This is a 70-acre botanical garden that often has concerts, classes, and events like a food and wine festival. 8525 Garland Rd, Dallas, Texas.
- Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza – This museum is a must-see for American history buffs. There is an audio-guided tour through John F. Kennedy’s presidency and assassination at the site of the sniper’s nest. 411 Elm St, Dallas, Texas.
- Dallas Holocaust Museum – This is a smaller museum with an audio tour dedicated to memorializing the victims, and teaching the lessons of the holocaust. 211 N Record St #100, Dallas, Texas.
- Food Tours Of America Dallas – Spend your day eating and drinking the best Dallas has to offer. Your guide will share information about Dallas and its history while you enjoy all the different food and drink options. 3839 McKinney Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- Nasher Sculpture Center – This museum houses a collection of modern and contemporary sculptures. 2001 Flora St, Dallas, Texas.
- Dallas Segway Tours – These guided segway tours range from nature, food, to downtown sightseeing, you can choose the adventure you want. 1800 N Market St, Dallas, Texas.
- Trammell & Margaret Crow Collection of Asian Art – This museum showcases art from China, Japan, Southeast Asia, and India ranging from 1000 B.C. to the 20th century. 2010 Flora St, Dallas, Texas.
- Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center – Visit the concert hall to see the Dallas Symphony or other visiting orchestras and musical acts. 2301 Flora St, Dallas, Texas.
Things to Do With Kids in Dallas
- Zero Gravity Amusement Park – This is an extreme thrill amusement park featuring rides like bungee jumping and Free Fall. The staff are extremely safety-oriented and friendly. 4404, 11131 Malibu Dr, Dallas, Texas.
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science – This is a natural history and science museum with interactive exhibits and educational programs for all ages. 2201 N Field St, Dallas, Texas.
- Dallas World Aquarium – This is an aquarium and zoo containing exotic birds, mammals, and fish. 1801 N Griffin St, Dallas, Texas.
- Texas Discovery Gardens – This public garden has a butterfly house, native, adapted, and tropical plants and trees. There are also events and exhibits teaching about nature conservation. 3601 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Dallas, Texas.
- Dallas Zoo – This zoo has over 2,000 animals, great food, a monorail to view the African habitat exhibit, and a children’s area. 650 South R L Thornton Freeway, Dallas, Texas.
- Klyde Warren Park – This park is filled with food trucks and is always hosting live music, arts, fitness, and children’s events. 2012 Woodall Rodgers Fwy, Dallas, Texas.
- Safari Run, Plano – Kids will have a blast at this safari-themed indoor play area. The attractions include big mazes, climbing tunnels, and giant slides to name a few! 2300 Coit Rd #300, Plano, Texas.
- Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park – This aquarium is fit for the younger children. There are exotic species, touch tanks, and a ray feeding area. 1462 1st Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- Frontiers of Flight Museum – This aviation museum features, educational programs, exhibits, and different aircrafts. If you are into airplanes, space, or history then this will be a great place for you. 6911 Lemmon Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- CooCoos – An indoor kids play facility that is filled with inflatable bounce houses and rides. 6505 W Park Blvd, Plano, Texas.
- Sandy Lake Amusement Park – This outdoor entertainment park is surrounded by trees and filled with rides for all ages. Enjoy the paddle boats, miniature golf, amusement rides, train rides, pony rides, and a pool to play in. 1800 Sandy Lake Rd, Carrollton, Texas.
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament – Enjoy a four-course utensil-free meal while sitting in a castle and watching jousting tournaments, horsemanship, and falconry. This event gives a new meaning to ‘dinner and a show’. 2021 N Stemmons Fwy, Dallas, Texas.
- Six Flags Over Texas – This 212-acre theme park has over 50 different rides as well as live music and shows for the whole family. 2201 E Road to Six Flags St, Arlington, Texas.
Places to Shop in Dallas
- Wild Bill’s Western Store – This is the best place to find authentic cowboy boots, apparel, hats, and accessories. 311 N Market St, Dallas, Texas.
- Voodoo Chile – A unique collection of art, records, antiques, clothing, and oddities. 5643 Bell Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- Bill’s Records – An uncategorized collection of records full of amazing vinyl finds you will have to search for. 1317 S Lamar St, Dallas, Texas.
- Toy’s Unique -This store is filled with all kinds of crafts, toys, games, and supplies for kids up to 13 years old. 5460 W Lovers Ln, Dallas, Texas.
- Favor the Kind – This shop sells bohemian eco-conscious gifts, clothing, and accessories. 928 N Henderson Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- Fête-ish – Artwork, candles, and quirky gifts. 322 W 7th St, Dallas, Texas.
- La Mariposa Imports Inc – Everything you find in this store is imported from Guatemala, Peru, and Mexico. Shop fashion, fiesta, folk art, and decor. 2813 N Henderson Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- Dallas Pin Up – This 40’s and 50’s inspired shop sells women’s clothing, lingerie, and jewelry. 2928 Main St #102, Dallas, Texas.
- Read Between The Lines – Creative cards, home decor, clothing, and gifts. 2412 Victory Park Ln, Dallas, Texas.
- Dolly Python – This vintage shop has a large selection of cowboy boots as well as clothing, antiques, records, and oddities. 1916 N Haskell Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- Chocolate Secrets – This shop has it all! Handmade chocolates, food, live music, beer, wine, and a boutique. 3926 Oak Lawn Ave, Dallas, Texas.
Annual Events in Dallas
- Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo – Enjoy games, rides, and food for the whole family as well as the stock shows, horse shows, and the rodeo. This event takes place in January and February. 3400 Burnett Tandy Dr, Fort Worth, Texas.
- Mayfest – This event takes place on the first weekend of May. The goal of this festival is to raise funds to support surrounding parks and community programs. There is food, vendors, music and entertainment, rides, activities, and other attractions. 6115 Camp Bowie Blvd #160, Fort Worth, Texas.
- Denton Arts and Jazz Festival – This festival is free of charge and has seven stages both indoors and outside. There is food, activities, and entertainment for adults and children. 321 East McKinney Denton, Texas.
- Highland Games – This is a Texas Scottish festival held as a way of celebrating Scottish and Celtic culture. There are music and dance competitions, games, traditional food, vendors, falconry demonstrations, workshops, and more. This event typically takes play on the 2nd or 3rd week of May. 1309 Mitchell St Arlington, Texas.
- USA Film Festival – This is a 50-day film festival that is dedicated to the recognition of excellence in the film arts. This annual festival is held in the spring. 6116 N Central Expy # 105, Dallas, Texas.
- State Fair of Texas – With daily shows, live music, and family-friendly activities, there is endless fun for every guest. This event takes place from the last Friday of September and lasts twenty-four days. Fair Park 1300 Robert B Cullum Boulevard Dallas, Texas.
What to Expect Weather Wise in Dallas
Dallas has a humid subtropical climate and experiences four distinct seasons. Summers are hot with July and August reaching the highest temperatures of 96F (35C). Winters are mild and the coldest month is January reaching the lows of 30F (-1C). There is only an average of 54 days out of the year with any measurable precipitation.
Places to Leave your Pet in Dallas
- The Pooch Patio – dog boarding, daycare, professional grooming, baths, and dog parties! 3811 Fairmount St, Dallas, Texas.
- Paradise 4 Paws DFW – Conveniently located near the airport and offers care for cats and dogs. 3010 N Airfield Dr, DFW Airport, Texas.
- Camp Bow Wow Dallas High Five – Dog daycare, boarding, grooming, and training. 13730 Floyd Cir, Dallas, Texas.
- Pet Resort Dallas – 24 hour live streaming video of your pooch so you can check up while you are away. 2737 W Mockingbird Ln, Dallas, Texas.
- Happy Tails – Indoor and outdoor play areas for your dog. 10121 Northwest Hwy, Dallas, Texas.
- Underdog Kennels – A premier dog boarding facility with all of the comforts of home. 7129 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, Texas.
- Smart Dog Dallas – Let them play their energy out at Smart Dog Dallas! Boarding, daycare, training, and transportation. 326 Rock Island St, Dallas, Texas.
- Pierre’s Dog House Cage-Free Daycare and Boarding – Dogs get to roam free and play with other dogs. Boarding, daycare, and grooming/bathing. 4706 W Lovers Ln, Dallas, Texas.
- Uptown Dog Daycare & Boarding – Daycare and boarding conveniently located for those living closer to downtown. 1103 E Levee St, Dallas, Texas.
- Classy Canine Daycare – An indoor dog park that allows your dog to play off-leash while you are away. 17390 Preston Rd, Dallas, Texas.
- Downtown Dog – Indoor and outdoor play spaces conveniently located near downtown. 2201 S Harwood St, Dallas, Texas.
- Canine Country Club and Wellness Center – Group and individual playtime, swimming in the pond, and climate-controlled suites with indoor and outdoor access. 5075 McKinney Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- Pawliday Inn Pet Resort & Spa – A friendly and welcoming environment where your pets can play with other friendly dogs. 1407 S Akard St, Dallas, Texas.
- Urban Paws – Downtown boarding, daycare, training, retail, and full-serve and self-serve bathing. 2526 Elm St, Dallas, Texas.
- Paw Lofts – This facility offers dog boarding, daycare, and grooming as well as luxury cat condos for cat boarding. There is even a large aquarium to fascinate them for hours. 1359 Medical District Dr, Dallas, Texas.
- Ruffit – Oak Lawn – Boarding, day play, grooming, and bathing with three convenient locations. 2732 Oak Lawn Ave, Dallas, Texas.
- Bones & Bacon Pet Resort – This is a great place to send your four-legged family member, they offer boarding, daycare, and baths. 911 W Commerce St, Dallas, Texas.
Places to Rent a Bicycle in Dallas
- Bicycles Plus – The choice of townies, road bikes, or mountain bikes. 5636, 7015 Snider Plaza # 110, Dallas, Texas.
- Small Planet eBikes – An electric bike is a fun and healthy form of transportation, you can request a bike directly from the website. 330 W Davis St, Dallas, Texas.
- Richardson Bike Mart – This bike shop carries a large variety of bikes to choose from such as high-performance, tandem, and hybrid. 1451 W Campbell Rd, Richardson, Texas.
- Dallas Bike Works – A full-service bike shop with two locations. Oak Cliff- 821 W Davis St, Dallas, Texas. White Rock- 4875 W Lawther Dr, Dallas, Texas.
- Playtri Cycling – Rent your road bike here. 6800 Windhaven Pkwy #137, The Colony, Texas.
- B-cycle – Sign up to this bike-sharing company online and grab/return a bike at any of the locations all over the city.
RV Depots in Dallas
RVs in Dallas
El Monte A34RV Model El Monte A34
- Roof Air Conditioning
El Monte A35RV Model El Monte A35
- Automatic Transmission
- Range (Stove)
El Monte C22RV Model El Monte C22
- Automatic Transmission
- Roof Air Conditioning
El Monte C28RV Model El Monte C28
- AM/FM Radio
- Automatic Transmission
- CD Player
- Range (Stove)
El Monte C31RV Model El Monte C31
- Automatic Transmission
- Range (Stove)