Lookup in awe at the city that never sleeps, where you can span continents of cultures in one day, experience Broadway, world-class comedy, rich green space, and everything in between. While you may not think of camping in New York City, it is the ultimate way to get the best of everything this exciting city offers.
With ample RV parks to pick from get ready to take a bite out of the big apple! New York City is divided into boroughs all offering a different version of the city. In your USA RV holiday home, take in the scenery as you conveniently drive across the city and spend a day or two exploring each area. Here are a couple of RV Campgrounds to get your planning started:
Liberty Habour RV – Manhattan
The best way to experience the true excitement of NYC is to walk the streets. Park the RV for a couple of nights and escape driving in the infamous NYC traffic, don’t worry about paying for parking or expired meters. This campground is within walking distance to:
The Manhattan Ferry gives you easy access to:
Floyd Bennett Field Campground – Brooklyn
Drive across the iconic Brooklyn Bridge and soak up the NYC scenery, grab a slice of famous Brooklyn pizza as you head to Floyd Bennett State Park. Park the RV at these beautiful waterside sites to offer you the best option for NYC: access to all the hustle and bustle of city excitement with a serene natural setting for your return. Have an authentic NYC experience and jump on the subway to check out these must-see sights in Brooklyn:
Submerge yourself in the NYC culture, ride the subway, walk the streets, and feel the city excitement. Buy some NYC bagels and save a couple of bucks by having breakfast in your RV. Take in the best the city has to offer with the peace of returning to the comfort and quiet of your RV! With your Adventure Touring RV rental, the options to explore this magnificent city are endless.
If you are looking for RV campgrounds a little further from the city, here are some great campgrounds it the area:
- Black Bear Campground is a full hook up campground that includes free TV and WiFi. This park also has a fishing pond, kid’s playground, hiking, volleyball, arcade, pool tables, this list goes on. Take a tour of the close by West Point Military Academy or visit Sugar Loaf Arts and Crafts Village and watch the craftsmen make and sell their goods.
- 197 Wheeler Rd Florida, NY 10921
- Newburgh KOA is located one hour north of New York City. Located in the magnificent Catskills this campground has a free pancake breakfast, an arcade, a pet playground, a sandpit for playing, and so much more.
- 119 Freetown Hwy Plattekill, NY 12568
- Iroquois Campground, located in upstate New York, has picnic tables and fire pits at every site. The two-acre pond has fishing and paddle boats, hot showers, and an onsite laundry room make this campground a good choice for your New York visit.
270 Bear Swamp Rd Peru, NY 12972
- At Lake George RV Park you will find so much to do you will never want to leave. The French Mountain Playhouse is home to all kinds of acts from Jugglers to nature programs. There’s an air-conditioned movie theatre, an arcade, and a good old fashion fish pond.
- 74 State Route 149 Lake George, NY 14925
- Brennan Beach RV Resort is located on ½ a mile of sandy beach on Lake Ontario. At Brennan beach, you can either spend your days lying in the sun or take a chartered deep-sea fishing trip. There is always something to do at the largest RV park in the Northeast.
- 80 Brennan Beach Pulaski, NY 13142
- At Sunset RV Park they believe in keeping the original charm of the 1930s when the campground first opened. From crochet to horseshoes you will enjoy the quiet peace of days gone by while still taking advantage of modern conveniences.
- 61 County Route 89 Washington Blvd Oswego, NY 13126