Visit the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta. This aquarium is the only aquarium in North America to have the Whale Shark. The Whale Shark is the largest fish on earth reaching up to 40 feet in length. Take in a Dolphin show with live actors and fantastic costumes, then stop for lunch or dinner at the Café Aquaria for some local or international cuisine.
Six Flags Over Georgia is a thrilling adventure for the whole family. Take the Plunge and really get your heart pounding as you drop 16 stories while standing straight up, or try Batman-the ride as you fly over and through Gotham City on this groundbreaking new ride. Then take a wander through the Carrot Patch with the kids and see Bugs Bunny and all his Looney Tune friends.
Go to the World of Coca-Cola and enjoy 127 years of American history. At Happiness Theatre you will venture inside a Coke machine as you learn the lessons of Happyfication. The Coca-Cola Loft lets you look at the history of Coke starting at the beginning in 1886 with artifacts from now and then. Try to sneak into the Vault and see if you can come out with the secret formula of Coca-Cola, no don’t do that, I’m kidding, that might get you arrested. Have your picture taken with the famous Coca-Cola polar bear, then go inside a real bottling plant and see Coke being made.
Did you know Coke is sold in every country in the world except for Korea and Cuba?
Take a guided walking tour of Underground Atlanta and learn about the history of the city. The tour is led by a professional historian and includes historic sites featuring the Battle of Atlanta, Gone with the Wind, the importance of the railroad, Martin Luther King Jr, and the 1996 Olympics. Underground Atlanta also includes lots of shopping. Every Wednesday the food trucks roll in for lots of good old fashion southern cuisine and some not so old fashion choices too.
Pick up your RV in Atlanta and get ready to soak up some southern hospitality, city excitement, and relaxing scenic drives.
Centennial Park District
Centennial Park District is Atlanta’s premier entertainment destination. Built in 1996 for the summer Olympics this park has a variety of attractions to spend a fun-filled day, check out:
- The Georgia Aquarium: one of the world’s largest aquariums.
- The SkyView Atlanta Gondola: a thrilling 200-foot-tall Ferris wheel offering panoramic, breathtaking views of the downtown cityscape lights.
With over 20 million visitors annually there is always something to see and do in the Centennial Park District.
Spend the night right in the city, with easy access to all the excitement at Sweet Water Creek RV Reserve.
Pack up the RV for a couple of days of scenic driving and adventure, in Chattahoochee National Forest. This state park covers 750,000 acres of beautiful scenery. You will cruise by mountains, rolling hills, rushing rivers, and gorgeous waterfalls. This is the perfect RV adventure as you conveniently cruise from one scenic destination and beautiful campground to the next. Make sure you stop at:
- Amicalola Falls: located right in the center of Chattahoochee State Park, park your RV at the beautiful Amicalola Falls State Park Lodge and campground. A short walk from the lodge is a 729-foot waterfall which is exceptionally beautiful.
- Brasstown Bald: Georgia’s highest peak, at 4,784 feet, walk the trails to traverse the mountain and reach the observation deck, offering breathtaking views of mountains and valleys.
- Lake Blue Ridge: The crystal-clear aquamarine waters of Lake Blue Ridge make it one of Georgia’s most picturesque mountain lakes, and a popular fishing location. There are two campgrounds nearby, a beach, picnic area and a marina for renting boats.
- Secluded Waterfall Haven: treat yourself to a night of camping in this beautiful secluded RV heaven, with 4.5 acres just for yourself, this site gives you the opportunity to get intimate with the forest and the waterfalls on-site.
This huge park has something for everyone on your RV adventure. Spend the days hiking and picnicking by the lakes. Take in the breathtaking scenery and wake up to the sound of the waterfalls in the comfort of your RV. Book today and get ready for your adventure in Atlanta and beyond.
If you’re flying into Atlanta, be sure to check out our article in RV Rental with Airport Pick Up.